Below are some of the most common questions and answers about your basketball camp experience.
If you have any other questions at all please contact us. We look forward to seeing you in basketball camp this summer!
- 1 What ages are eligible to attend the Snow Valley Basketball Schools?
- 2 How long have the Snow Valley Basketball Schools been running?
- 3 Does camp help players with their college careers and will there be evaluators at camp?
- 4 Who can attend the Weekend Skills Program and what will be covered?
- 5 If I am attending Boys Session I and would also like to attend the Weekend Offensive Skills Program, can I stay that extra night?
- 6 Are there any group discounts available for camp?
- 7 What time is camp Check-in/Check-out?
- 8 How are the campers broken up?
- 9 Can you accommodate our roommate requests?
- 10 What if I don't have a roommate request?
- 11 How can I receive a Snow Valley camp brochure right away?
- 12 What is your refund policy if I have to cancel my camp?
- 13 Do you offer any refund protection or "peace of mind policy"?
- 14 How do I register for one of this year's sessions?
1 What ages are eligible to attend the Snow Valley Basketball Schools?
If you are between 11 and 18 years of age and have not started your college freshman year, you are eligible to attend. If you are a Varsity high school player, there is no better place to improve your game and if you are a younger player, the Snow Valley Basketball Schools will help you develop the basic skills to help make your team.
2 How long have the Snow Valley Basketball Schools been running?
Since 1961, the Snow Valley Basketball Schools have been instructing kids on the fundamentals of basketball. As the longest running basketball school of its kind, you'll receive more instruction in the fundamentals and more chances to improve your skills than anywhere else in the world.
3 Does camp help players with their college careers and will there be evaluators at camp?
The Snow Valley Basketball Schools are not designed as a recruiting or exposure camp. However, our rigorous camp format has allowed thousands of our past campers to achieve their goal of playing collegiate basketball. Attending our camps will allow you to develop and hone your fundamentals to help you take the next step to playing on a collegiate team.
4 Who can attend the Weekend Skills Program and what will be covered?
The Weekend Skills Program between Session I and II is open to boys between the ages of 14-18. Focus will be on Passing, Catching, Footwork, Shooting, Dribbling, 3-on-3, 4-on-4, and Cut-Throat. This program will be led by California Community College Hall of Famer Charlie Sands. Coach Sands will guide you through his offensive skills progression. This program will be invaluable tool in helping you become a better offensive player. Limit 100 campers.
5 If I am attending Boys Session I and would also like to attend the Weekend Offensive Skills Program, can I stay that extra night?
If you are a camper attending Session I and wish to also participate in the Weekend Skills Program, you can add the Thursday night stay-over for an additional $75. All campers will be supervised.
6 Are there any group discounts available for camp?
Yes! We offer discounts for groups who register together. To qualify for group discounts, all members of a group must be registered together in one mailing through one group organizer, under one group name
7 What time is camp Check-in/Check-out?
For our basketball schools, Check-in will occur Sunday between 1pm-3pm. Our boys sessions will conclude at 4pm Thursday; the girls session at 11am Thursday. The weekend clinic will check-in Friday at 12pm; and check-out Sunday at 11am.
8 How are the campers broken up?
All campers are broken up by age and ability level. We break the camp up into three groups by Division. Divisions work together throughout the week, and are monitored by our staff.
9 Can you accommodate our roommate requests?
Yes we can. During the registration process, you will be prompted about your preferred roommate. We work extremely hard to accommodate each and every request we get. To help us, please make sure both campers have requested each other
10 What if I don't have a roommate request?
No problem! It's a great opportunity to meet someone new, who loves basketball as much as you do. If you do not have a roommate request, we will put you together with someone of your same age.
11 How can I receive a Snow Valley camp brochure right away?
Simply visit this page and request this year's brochure for either instant online download or we'll be happy to mail one to you, whichever you prefer!
12 What is your refund policy if I have to cancel my camp?
Once registered, if you have to cancel (for any reason) you may:
- Receive a credit for all Camp Tuition payments including deposit and final payment.
- A Credit valid through 2017, for any US Sports Camp, any sport.
- The Credit is transferable to any family member or friend.
13 Do you offer any refund protection or "peace of mind policy"?
Yes! Refund Protection (RP) can be purchased for $50 per session enrolled. With RP you may:
- Cancel by June 1st and receive a refund of all Camp Tuition fees paid.
- Cancel after June 1st and receive a credit (with the same credit terms as above).
14 How do I register for one of this year's sessions?
The easiest and quickest way is to do it right online from this web site, however, you may also register with us on the phone, by fax or by US Mail. Register online today to reserve your space, or if you have any questions at all please call toll free 1-800-433-6060. We look forward to seeing you at the Snow Valley Basketball Schools!